- Detroit Highlights
- Janis interviews two women about their experience as MidwivesJanis interviews two women about their experience as Midwives
- CH1:Ricardo Moore, Lamar Lemmons, Khary Frazier are guestCH1: Producer Anthony Brogdon share little known historical facts
- CH2: Black $hop LiveDCH2: Black $hop Live
- CH3: Democracy NowCH3: Democracy Now
- CH4: Telford 5 27 23CH4: Telford 5 27 23
- CH5: Alexandrian House with Bishop Derrick WhitlowCH5: Alexandrian House with Bishop Derrick Whitlow
- CH6 Sisterhood interviews Prof Peter Hammer on Judge CrockettCH6 Sisterhood interviews Prof Peter Hammer on Judge Crockett
- CH7: Greg Dunsmore interviews Denice Crittendon on her new bookCH7: Greg Dunsmore interviews Denice Crittendon on her new book
- CH8: Diverse panel give analysis of Tyre Nichols murderCH8: Diverse panel give analysis of Tyre Nichols murder
- CH9: Local artist marketplace for ideas and infoCH9: Local artist marketplace for ideas and info
- CH10: Guest give perspective on why Reparations should be paidCH10: Guest give perspective on why Reparations should be paid
- CH11: Citizens come together to have input on I-375 pave-overCH11: Citizens come together to have input on I-375 pave-over
- CH12: UIN archives, NOI founding documents discoveredCH12: UIN archives, NOI founding documents discovered
- Local artist discuss their issuesLocal artist discuss their issues
- Kwame was Mayor during this Urban Summit in 2002. Are things better?Kwame was Mayor during this Urban Summit in 2002. Are things better?
- Why Reparations makes senseWhy Reparations makes sense
Black National Headlines
Black Californians could get $242,000.00 each. Detroiters to get paved over I-375 freeway that benefits Whites
A nine-member Reparations Task Force has estimated that Black Californians could receive more than $223,000 each in reparations for the enduring economic effects of racism and slavery, more than two years on from the murder of George Floyd at the hands of the...
Local group initiate David and Goliath battle with MDOT over I-375 pave-over plan
NEWS UIN staff Group initiates David and Goliath battle with MDOT on I-375 On Thursday night at local landmark, Bert’s Place, a group of courageous Detroiters took a stand and said enough is enough. Instead of tweeting, talking and posting, they came together to fight...
The NBA’s crucifixion of Kyrie means it’s time to talk to their sponsors
UIN Staff The NBA’s crucifixion of Kyrie means it’s time to talk to their sponsors In a perverse display of power, the NBA’s attempt to bring Kyrie Irving to heel is reminiscent of the “Buck breaking” tactics slave owner used against Alpha males. If a Black male...
LA County officials and Black leaders help return property stolen 100 years ago worth 90 million today
(note: to make amends for a similar situation in Detroit, local Black leaders, city council, the Mayor and State officials support filling in the land that was taken and building a business district that will benefits the White residents and White businesses. They...
Ignorance of shared history is root of Hispanic prejudice towards Blacks
Letters to the Editor: Blacks and Latinos have a shared history. Teach it in schools to fight racism - Los Angeles Times reprint from LA Times To the editor: As an African American, I was disheartened to learn of the disturbing level of racism that exists among...
Cable giants contribute to poverty and stress in America by overcharging low income customers and giving them barely usable internet speeds
By The Markup Media Oct 18 2022 Reporters Leon Yin and Aaron Sankin gathered and analyzed nearly 1 million internet offers from AT&T, CenturyLink, Verizon and EarthLink in 38 cities across America, including Detroit. All four companies routinely offered faster...
Read informative articles about news from your local neighborhood. Voice your opinion about pressing community issues
Movies & More
Enjoy entertaining urban movies from independent film makers. Select from our library of hundreds of sitcoms, TV shows, documentaries, and foreign films that are only available on UIN.
Whether it’s late at night or early in the morning, you’ll always have 24/7 access to your account. Just login and watch on demand.
3 Flexible Subscription Plans
Whether you want to watch a little, watch a lot, or earn money getting others to watch, one of our subscription plans will fit your needs.